Creamy Herbed Dressing
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Use this light and creamy herb dressing to dress coleslaw, cucumber salad, potato salad or simple mixed greens. Feel free to use fresh chopped herbs instead of dried. Recipe by Nancy Baggett for EatingWell.
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion or dried chopped chives
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried tarragon or dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt or celery salt or 1/4 teaspoon of each
- White pepper to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, honey, onion or chives, tarragon (or dill) and onion salt (and/or celery salt) in a bowl until well blended. Season with white pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing for up to 5 days. Stir before using.
Per tablespoon: 16 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 92 mg sodium; 18 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: free food
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2010