Creamy Herbed Dressing
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Use this light and creamy herb dressing to dress coleslaw, cucumber salad, potato salad or simple mixed greens. Feel free to use fresh chopped herbs instead of dried. Recipe by Nancy Baggett for EatingWell.
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion or dried chopped chives
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried tarragon or dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt or celery salt or 1/4 teaspoon of each
- White pepper to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, honey, onion or chives, tarragon (or dill) and onion salt (and/or celery salt) in a bowl until well blended. Season with white pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing for up to 5 days. Stir before using.
Per tablespoon: 16 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 92 mg sodium; 18 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: free food
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2010