Creamy Herb Dip
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
A perennial favorite with kids, this all-purpose dip can also be used as a sandwich spread.
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, (Neufchâtel), softened (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk, or low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, or scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, or parsley
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, or more to taste
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place cream cheese in a small bowl and stir in buttermilk (or milk) until smooth. Mix in chives (or scallions), dill (or parsley), horseradish, sugar, salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Per tablespoon: 20 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 72 mg sodium; 18 mg potassium.
Exchanges: free food
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)