Creamy Herb Dip
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
A perennial favorite with kids, this all-purpose dip can also be used as a sandwich spread.
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, (Neufchâtel), softened (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk, or low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, or scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, or parsley
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, or more to taste
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place cream cheese in a small bowl and stir in buttermilk (or milk) until smooth. Mix in chives (or scallions), dill (or parsley), horseradish, sugar, salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Per tablespoon: 20 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 72 mg sodium; 18 mg potassium.
Exchanges: free food
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)