Creamy Goat Cheese Sauce
From EatingWell: March/April 1996
Serve this creamy goat cheese sauce over steamed asparagus.
- 2 ounces fresh mild goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 clove garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- Salt, to taste
- Combine buttermilk and goat cheese in a blender; blend on low speed until smooth. With the motor running, drizzle in olive oil. Transfer the dressing to a small bowl and stir in thyme, pepper and crushed garlic. Season with salt. Chill until ready to serve. Remove garlic clove before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per tablespoon: 39 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 73 mg sodium; 18 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- March/April 1996