Creamy Goat Cheese Sauce
From EatingWell: March/April 1996
Serve this creamy goat cheese sauce over steamed asparagus.
- 2 ounces fresh mild goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 clove garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- Salt, to taste
- Combine buttermilk and goat cheese in a blender; blend on low speed until smooth. With the motor running, drizzle in olive oil. Transfer the dressing to a small bowl and stir in thyme, pepper and crushed garlic. Season with salt. Chill until ready to serve. Remove garlic clove before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per tablespoon: 39 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 73 mg sodium; 18 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- March/April 1996