Creamy Goat Cheese Sauce
From EatingWell: March/April 1996
Serve this creamy goat cheese sauce over steamed asparagus.
- 2 ounces fresh mild goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 clove garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- Salt, to taste
- Combine buttermilk and goat cheese in a blender; blend on low speed until smooth. With the motor running, drizzle in olive oil. Transfer the dressing to a small bowl and stir in thyme, pepper and crushed garlic. Season with salt. Chill until ready to serve. Remove garlic clove before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per tablespoon: 39 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 73 mg sodium; 18 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- March/April 1996
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)