Creamy Dill Ranch Dressing
Cottage cheese blended in a food processor to a creamy texture, while not traditional in Ranch dressing, delivers unbelievable richness with minimal calories and fat.
- 1 small shallot, peeled
- 3/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk powder, (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- With the food processor running, add shallot through the feed tube and process until finely chopped. Add cottage cheese, mayonnaise, buttermilk powder and vinegar. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary, about 3 minutes. Pour in milk while the processor is running. Scrape down the sides, add dill, salt and pepper and process until combined.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Note: Look for buttermilk powder, such as Saco Buttermilk Blend, in the baking section or with the powdered milk in most supermarkets.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 19 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 125 mg sodium; 10 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free food
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique