I thought I had posted a review of this before, but I guess I didn't. I made this several times last summer because I loved it so much. It was quick and easy to make in the evening to pack for lunch for a few days. I always eat it cold, but it's good warm too. I always top it with a little crumbled queso fresco too, but it's just as good without it. While cheese adds some fat, it also adds protein and makes the soup more filling too.
Creamy Cucumber Soup
From EatingWell: May/June 2007
There's no reason to only use cucumbers raw—they are wonderful sautéed then pureed with avocado for a silken-textured soup that's good warm or cold.
30 Reviews for Creamy Cucumber Soup
I enjoyed this recipe. I ate the soup hot and found I liked the clean fresh taste which was refreshing but filling. I used up left over cucumbers I had been growing this summer.
However, the husband didn't like it so mixed reviews in our house.
Have made this soup twice this summer! Passed the recipie on to friends who love it as well!
This recipe is TERRIFIC; it's easy, (if you like chopping). The only change I made was to add more garlic, cayenne pepper, and I added a little tiny bit more lemon juice.
YUM! I hadn't even put in the yogurt yet and it was already good. I tried another taste of it with yogurt only to find that I liked it better without the yogurt. Great warm!!!
Our garden has over produced this year so we are looking for new and different ways to use cucumbers. This is a 5 star hit!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)