Red and green cabbage and bright orange carrots make a colorful, healthful combination. For an especially nutty flavor, use Savoy instead of regular green cabbage.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed, or celery seed (optional)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage, (1/4 of a small head)
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage, (1/4 of a small head)
- 1 cup grated carrots, (2 medium)
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl. Add caraway seed (or celery seed), if using. Season with salt and pepper. Add cabbage and carrots and toss well.
Per serving: 49 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 153 mg sodium; 174 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 50% dv vitamin a, 22 mg vitamin c (35% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique