Red and green cabbage and bright orange carrots make a colorful, healthful combination. For an especially nutty flavor, use Savoy instead of regular green cabbage.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed, or celery seed (optional)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage, (1/4 of a small head)
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage, (1/4 of a small head)
- 1 cup grated carrots, (2 medium)
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl. Add caraway seed (or celery seed), if using. Season with salt and pepper. Add cabbage and carrots and toss well.
Per serving: 49 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 153 mg sodium; 174 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 50% dv vitamin a, 22 mg vitamin c (35% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other