Red and green cabbage and bright orange carrots make a colorful, healthful combination. For an especially nutty flavor, use Savoy instead of regular green cabbage.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed, or celery seed (optional)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage, (1/4 of a small head)
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage, (1/4 of a small head)
- 1 cup grated carrots, (2 medium)
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl. Add caraway seed (or celery seed), if using. Season with salt and pepper. Add cabbage and carrots and toss well.
Per serving: 49 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 153 mg sodium; 174 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 50% dv vitamin a, 22 mg vitamin c (35% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique