Creamy Chopped Cauliflower Salad
From EatingWell: January/February 2008
Caraway and cauliflower are a match that brings to mind wursts, kraut and foamy, cold mugs of beer. Alas, not everyone loves that caraway flavor so leave out the caraway seeds if you prefer—the salad's wonderful either way.
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower florets, (about 1/2 large head)
- 2 cups chopped heart of romaine
- 1 tart-sweet red apple, chopped
- Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, shallot, caraway seeds (if using) and pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Add cauliflower, romaine and apple; toss to coat.
Per serving: 54 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 128 mg sodium; 257 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (53% daily value), Vitamin A (22% dv), Folate (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2008