Creamy Chopped Cauliflower Salad
From EatingWell: January/February 2008
Caraway and cauliflower are a match that brings to mind wursts, kraut and foamy, cold mugs of beer. Alas, not everyone loves that caraway flavor so leave out the caraway seeds if you prefer—the salad's wonderful either way.
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower florets, (about 1/2 large head)
- 2 cups chopped heart of romaine
- 1 tart-sweet red apple, chopped
- Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, shallot, caraway seeds (if using) and pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Add cauliflower, romaine and apple; toss to coat.
Per serving: 54 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 128 mg sodium; 257 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (53% daily value), Vitamin A (22% dv), Folate (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- January/February 2008