Creamy Cherry Jello
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Here we flavor plain gelatin with 100% cherry juice, and stir in creamy yogurt and fresh cherries to make a special treat. Experiment with other fruit juice and fruit combinations.
- 2 cups unsweetened 100% black cherry juice, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1-2 tablespoons superfine sugar (see Note)
- 1 6-ounce container (2/3 cup) nonfat cherry or vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup halved or chopped pitted fresh cherries or thawed and drained frozen cherries
- Place 1/2 cup cherry juice in a medium bowl. Sprinkle gelatin on top and let stand for 1 minute. Bring the remaining 1 1/2 cups cherry juice to a boil in a small saucepan. Add to the gelatin mixture along with sugar to taste and whisk until the gelatin is dissolved. Whisk in yogurt until combined. Divide among 4 small dishes or ramekins. Stir 1/4 cup cherries into each portion. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Note: Superfine sugar dissolves instantly in liquid. It is commonly available in the baking section of most supermarkets, but if you can’t find it, simply process regular granulated sugar in a food processor or clean coffee grinder until very fine.
Per serving: 133 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 5 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 29 mg sodium; 296 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 carbohydrate (other)
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- May/June 2010