Creamy Blue Cheese-Tarragon Dressing
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
A tablespoon of honey adds sweetness and a hint of floral flavor to this delicious blue cheese dressing.
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 tablespoons nonfat Greek-style yogurt, (optional; see Shopping Tip)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Mash blue cheese, oil, vinegar, tarragon and honey together in a medium bowl with a fork until well combined. For a creamier dressing, add yogurt 1 tablespoon at a time, if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Shopping tip: Thick and creamy Greek-style yogurt is made by removing the whey from cultured milk. Because the whey has been removed, you can cook with Greek-style yogurt without the normal separation that occurs when cooking with regular yogurt. Both can be used in this recipe, but we recommend using Greek yogurt if it's available at your supermarket.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 161 calories; 15 g fat (4 g sat, 9 g mono); 11 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 271 mg sodium; 46 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 3 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- March/April 2008