Creamy Blue Cheese-Tarragon Dressing
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
A tablespoon of honey adds sweetness and a hint of floral flavor to this delicious blue cheese dressing.
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 tablespoons nonfat Greek-style yogurt, (optional; see Shopping Tip)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Mash blue cheese, oil, vinegar, tarragon and honey together in a medium bowl with a fork until well combined. For a creamier dressing, add yogurt 1 tablespoon at a time, if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Shopping tip: Thick and creamy Greek-style yogurt is made by removing the whey from cultured milk. Because the whey has been removed, you can cook with Greek-style yogurt without the normal separation that occurs when cooking with regular yogurt. Both can be used in this recipe, but we recommend using Greek yogurt if it's available at your supermarket.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 161 calories; 15 g fat (4 g sat, 9 g mono); 11 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 271 mg sodium; 46 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 3 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2008