I'm not sure if I added too much salt on accident, but it was way too salty. I too couldn't really taste the lemon, but the tarragon was great. Very easy to make, will try again omitting the salt and adding much more lemon. My 9 year old actually ate asparagus when I served this, so will definitely make again.
Creamy Asparagus Pasta
Lemon zest ties all the flavors together in this light and creamy pasta. Make it a meal: Serve with a salad of sliced fresh mozzarella and cherry tomatoes tossed with a little fresh basil, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
11 Reviews for Creamy Asparagus Pasta
I burnt the garlic, so the kids were disappointed. Couldn't taste the lemon. Next time, I'll skip the garlic, go heavy on the lemon juice, and double the asparagus.
This is a super delicious pasta recipe! The sauce is so creamy and lemony fresh, the tarragon adds depth and beauty (even if you don't like anise flavour, and I don't!), the asparagus goes perfectly, and best of all...not an ounce of butter to be had! It's easy to make and can be used as a side or as the main course. Dress it up with some morels for an even earthier flavour. Truly, a perfect spring recipe.
Tasty dish. We don't use tarragon very often, so it's taste is always a surprising addition and it works well with the mustard. Used 1% milk and didn't have a problem.
Excellent! Agree that it was easy and quick; it did not require a lot of extra steps for the asparagus. I'm trying to watch sodium, so omitted the salt entirely and did not miss it one bit. Also used lowfat buttermilk instead of whole milk, which reduced the fat and cholesterol as well. Next time I will add a bit more lemon. Served it with poached salmon fillet. All in all . . . Yummy!!!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)