Creamed Spinach Gratin
From EatingWell: October 1997
This quick and easy gratin will surely become a dinnertime staple.
- 1 pound frozen spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to at 450°F. Coat a gratin dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and garlic and sauté until fragrant. Remove from heat; stir in milk and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the spinach mixture in the prepared baking dish and top with breadcrumbs, Parmesan and oil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Per serving: 149 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 4 g fiber; 429 mg sodium; 444 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (267% daily value), Vitamin C (47% dv), Folate (40% dv), Calcium (24% dv), Magnesium (22% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- October 1997