Creamed Spinach Gratin
From EatingWell: October 1997
This quick and easy gratin will surely become a dinnertime staple.
- 1 pound frozen spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to at 450°F. Coat a gratin dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and garlic and sauté until fragrant. Remove from heat; stir in milk and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the spinach mixture in the prepared baking dish and top with breadcrumbs, Parmesan and oil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Per serving: 149 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 4 g fiber; 429 mg sodium; 444 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (267% daily value), Vitamin C (47% dv), Folate (40% dv), Calcium (24% dv), Magnesium (22% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
If you’re watching what you eat, you may be trying to eat...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- October 1997