Creamed Spinach Gratin
From EatingWell: October 1997
This quick and easy gratin will surely become a dinnertime staple.
- 1 pound frozen spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to at 450°F. Coat a gratin dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and garlic and sauté until fragrant. Remove from heat; stir in milk and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the spinach mixture in the prepared baking dish and top with breadcrumbs, Parmesan and oil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Per serving: 149 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 4 g fiber; 429 mg sodium; 444 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (267% daily value), Vitamin C (47% dv), Folate (40% dv), Calcium (24% dv), Magnesium (22% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- October 1997