Creamed Spinach Gratin
From EatingWell: October 1997
This quick and easy gratin will surely become a dinnertime staple.
- 1 pound frozen spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to at 450°F. Coat a gratin dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and garlic and sauté until fragrant. Remove from heat; stir in milk and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the spinach mixture in the prepared baking dish and top with breadcrumbs, Parmesan and oil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Per serving: 149 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 4 g fiber; 429 mg sodium; 444 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (267% daily value), Vitamin C (47% dv), Folate (40% dv), Calcium (24% dv), Magnesium (22% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- October 1997