I love creamed corn but I hate all the fat usually used when making it. This is a great recipe that gives you all the taste and creaminess of creamed corn with only a fourth of the fat. When I made this I added a table spoon of butter to the skillet, and a sixth of a cup of sugar and a fourth of a tablespoon of pepper to the corn. It was a hit with the family.
Our take on this classic is subtly flavored and every bit as creamy as the full-fat original.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)