Cream of Wheat with Oranges
From EatingWell: September/October 1996
The citrus aroma in this Cream of Wheat will stimulate your early morning senses.
- 2 cups nonfat or low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup Cream of Wheat cereal
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- Combine milk and marmalade in a saucepan over medium heat; heat until almost boiling. Add Cream of Wheat and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in half of the orange slices. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the cereal is creamy. Divide between 2 bowls, garnish with the remaining orange slices and serve.
Per serving: 413 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 89 g carbohydrates; 14 g protein; 5 g fiber; 154 mg sodium; 706 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (145% daily value), Iron (72% dv), Calcium (51% dv), Potassium & Selenium (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 5 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 2 other carbohydrate, 1 nonfat milk
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- September/October 1996
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)