Rockstar! I love the fact that it is low fat and still tastes great! Almost as if it had loads of cream and butter! Great recipe!
Cream of Turkey & Wild Rice Soup
From EatingWell: November/December 2008
This is a healthier twist on a classic creamy turkey and wild rice soup that hails from Minnesota. Serve with a crisp romaine salad and whole-grain bread.
49 Reviews for Cream of Turkey & Wild Rice Soup
My daughter made this for dinner last night. She is not a cook by any means. It was fabulous! She used baked chicken cut into very small cubes. She was so proud of herself (as were we)! The flavors were so good that even our picky 15 year old ate it all! We will double the recipe next time for leftovers!
This recipe sounded so good that I just had to make it last night. I substtitued chicken for the turkey (personal preference). I cooked the chicken breast in the broth which was then used in the soup. Following other reviewers suggestions, I doubled the carrots and celery and also added sweet potato, zucchini and some sliced green kale which gave it some beautiful color. The sour cream added at the end gives a wonderful texture and flavor to the soup. Trader Joes has a precooked wild rice that worked perfectly.
I make this soup several times per year. I have used turkey and rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and it's awesome either way! It's easy to make, the only somewhat time consuming thing is washing and chopping the vegetables. It reheats well and freezes very well too. My husband even loves it and he usually automatically hates anything meant to be good for you!
I'm making this soup right now and it is so easy so far. I used a rotisserie chicken because I'm too lazy to cook one! Really good though!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)