From EatingWell: November/December 1995
Cranberries and pear flavor this traditional French dessert.
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup evaporated nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Place oven rack in upper third of oven. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a 9-inch glass pie plate or coat it with cooking spray.
- Combine pear, cranberries and 1/3 cup of the sugar in the baking dish. Bake until the fruit is tender and very juicy, about 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, flour, vanilla and the remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Whisk in evaporated milk.
- Drain the juices from the baked fruit into a small bowl, holding back the fruit with a metal spatula. Reserve the juices. Redistribute the fruit over the bottom of the dish and pour in the egg mixture. Bake or until puffed and set, about 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Serve warm, with the reserved fruit juices spooned over the top.
Per serving: 223 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 107 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 3 g fiber; 60 mg sodium; 179 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 fruit, 1/2 medium-fat protein
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1995