From EatingWell: November/December 1995
Cranberries and pear flavor this traditional French dessert.
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup evaporated nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Place oven rack in upper third of oven. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a 9-inch glass pie plate or coat it with cooking spray.
- Combine pear, cranberries and 1/3 cup of the sugar in the baking dish. Bake until the fruit is tender and very juicy, about 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, flour, vanilla and the remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Whisk in evaporated milk.
- Drain the juices from the baked fruit into a small bowl, holding back the fruit with a metal spatula. Reserve the juices. Redistribute the fruit over the bottom of the dish and pour in the egg mixture. Bake or until puffed and set, about 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Serve warm, with the reserved fruit juices spooned over the top.
Per serving: 223 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 107 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 3 g fiber; 60 mg sodium; 179 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 fruit, 1/2 medium-fat protein
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- November/December 1995