From EatingWell: November/December 1995
Cranberries and pear flavor this traditional French dessert.
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup evaporated nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Place oven rack in upper third of oven. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a 9-inch glass pie plate or coat it with cooking spray.
- Combine pear, cranberries and 1/3 cup of the sugar in the baking dish. Bake until the fruit is tender and very juicy, about 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, flour, vanilla and the remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Whisk in evaporated milk.
- Drain the juices from the baked fruit into a small bowl, holding back the fruit with a metal spatula. Reserve the juices. Redistribute the fruit over the bottom of the dish and pour in the egg mixture. Bake or until puffed and set, about 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Serve warm, with the reserved fruit juices spooned over the top.
Per serving: 223 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 107 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 3 g fiber; 60 mg sodium; 179 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 fruit, 1/2 medium-fat protein
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1995