From EatingWell: November/December 2007
There may be as many versions of muesli as there are breakfast cereals, but this one's modeled after the original Swiss wake-you-up—a combination of overnight-soaked grains, nuts, dried fruit and yogurt. Make it the night before and you'll have breakfast ready when you are.
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened or fruit-juice-sweetened cranberry juice
- 6 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats, (not quick-cooking or steel-cut)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine yogurt, juice, oats, cranberries, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, honey, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 1 day.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 209 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 3 g fiber; 190 mg sodium; 266 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (15% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Other European
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- November/December 2007