From EatingWell: November/December 2007
There may be as many versions of muesli as there are breakfast cereals, but this one's modeled after the original Swiss wake-you-up—a combination of overnight-soaked grains, nuts, dried fruit and yogurt. Make it the night before and you'll have breakfast ready when you are.
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened or fruit-juice-sweetened cranberry juice
- 6 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats, (not quick-cooking or steel-cut)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine yogurt, juice, oats, cranberries, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, honey, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 1 day.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 209 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 3 g fiber; 190 mg sodium; 266 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (15% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Other European
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2007