From EatingWell: November/December 2007
There may be as many versions of muesli as there are breakfast cereals, but this one's modeled after the original Swiss wake-you-up—a combination of overnight-soaked grains, nuts, dried fruit and yogurt. Make it the night before and you'll have breakfast ready when you are.
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened or fruit-juice-sweetened cranberry juice
- 6 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats, (not quick-cooking or steel-cut)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine yogurt, juice, oats, cranberries, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, honey, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 1 day.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 209 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 3 g fiber; 190 mg sodium; 266 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (15% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Other European
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2007