From EatingWell: November/December 1998
Cranberry sauce isn't just for turkey dinner; here it's stirred into slightly thickened vanilla yogurt for a quick and easy dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 16-ounce can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds, (see Tip)
- Place yogurt in a paper-towel-lined sieve set over a bowl and drain in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Mix cranberry sauce and almond extract in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat whipping cream in a chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Fold in drained yogurt. Fold in cranberry mixture until marbled. Spoon into serving dishes. Cover; chill for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with toasted almonds before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast slivered almonds: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 216 calories; 5 g fat (3 g sat, 2 g mono); 16 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 1 g fiber; 63 mg sodium; 169 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- November/December 1998