From EatingWell: November/December 1998
Cranberry sauce isn't just for turkey dinner; here it's stirred into slightly thickened vanilla yogurt for a quick and easy dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 16-ounce can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds, (see Tip)
- Place yogurt in a paper-towel-lined sieve set over a bowl and drain in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Mix cranberry sauce and almond extract in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat whipping cream in a chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Fold in drained yogurt. Fold in cranberry mixture until marbled. Spoon into serving dishes. Cover; chill for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with toasted almonds before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast slivered almonds: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 216 calories; 5 g fat (3 g sat, 2 g mono); 16 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 1 g fiber; 63 mg sodium; 169 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- November/December 1998