From EatingWell: November/December 1998
Cranberry sauce isn't just for turkey dinner; here it's stirred into slightly thickened vanilla yogurt for a quick and easy dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 16-ounce can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds, (see Tip)
- Place yogurt in a paper-towel-lined sieve set over a bowl and drain in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Mix cranberry sauce and almond extract in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat whipping cream in a chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Fold in drained yogurt. Fold in cranberry mixture until marbled. Spoon into serving dishes. Cover; chill for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with toasted almonds before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast slivered almonds: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 216 calories; 5 g fat (3 g sat, 2 g mono); 16 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 1 g fiber; 63 mg sodium; 169 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1998