From EatingWell: November/December 1998
Cranberry sauce isn't just for turkey dinner; here it's stirred into slightly thickened vanilla yogurt for a quick and easy dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 16-ounce can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds, (see Tip)
- Place yogurt in a paper-towel-lined sieve set over a bowl and drain in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Mix cranberry sauce and almond extract in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat whipping cream in a chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Fold in drained yogurt. Fold in cranberry mixture until marbled. Spoon into serving dishes. Cover; chill for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with toasted almonds before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast slivered almonds: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 216 calories; 5 g fat (3 g sat, 2 g mono); 16 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 1 g fiber; 63 mg sodium; 169 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
Crock pots aren’t just for stewing big hunks of meat: you can...
Bust out of your lunch rut with our pack-and-go healthy lunch...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1998