Crackers & Tuna
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007)
Here's a deconstructed take on the tuna salad sandwich using crispbread crackers instead of bread. This is an easy lunch to throw together with staple items from your pantry and refrigerator.
- 2 multigrain crispbread crackers, such as
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 3-ounce can water-packed chunk light tuna (see Note)
- 1 sliced scallion
- 1 lemon wedge
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Top crackers with cream cheese, tuna and scallion. Squeeze lemon over the top and season with pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chunk light tuna, which comes from the smaller skipjack or yellowfin, has less mercury than canned white albacore tuna. The FDA/EPA advises that women who are or might become pregnant, nursing mothers and young children consume no more than 6 ounces of albacore a week; up to 12 ounces of canned light tuna is considered safe.
Per serving: 229 calories; 6 g fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono); 42 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 1 g fiber; 382 mg sodium; 356 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (100% daily value), Iron & Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- The EatingWell Diet (2007)