Crackers & Tuna
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007)
Here's a deconstructed take on the tuna salad sandwich using crispbread crackers instead of bread. This is an easy lunch to throw together with staple items from your pantry and refrigerator.
- 2 multigrain crispbread crackers, such as
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 3-ounce can water-packed chunk light tuna (see Note)
- 1 sliced scallion
- 1 lemon wedge
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Top crackers with cream cheese, tuna and scallion. Squeeze lemon over the top and season with pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chunk light tuna, which comes from the smaller skipjack or yellowfin, has less mercury than canned white albacore tuna. The FDA/EPA advises that women who are or might become pregnant, nursing mothers and young children consume no more than 6 ounces of albacore a week; up to 12 ounces of canned light tuna is considered safe.
Per serving: 229 calories; 6 g fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono); 42 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 1 g fiber; 382 mg sodium; 356 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (100% daily value), Iron & Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- The EatingWell Diet (2007)