Crackers & Tuna
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007)
Here's a deconstructed take on the tuna salad sandwich using crispbread crackers instead of bread. This is an easy lunch to throw together with staple items from your pantry and refrigerator.
- 2 multigrain crispbread crackers, such as
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 3-ounce can water-packed chunk light tuna (see Note)
- 1 sliced scallion
- 1 lemon wedge
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Top crackers with cream cheese, tuna and scallion. Squeeze lemon over the top and season with pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chunk light tuna, which comes from the smaller skipjack or yellowfin, has less mercury than canned white albacore tuna. The FDA/EPA advises that women who are or might become pregnant, nursing mothers and young children consume no more than 6 ounces of albacore a week; up to 12 ounces of canned light tuna is considered safe.
Per serving: 229 calories; 6 g fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono); 42 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 1 g fiber; 382 mg sodium; 356 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (100% daily value), Iron & Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- The EatingWell Diet (2007)