Crackers & Tuna
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007)
Here's a deconstructed take on the tuna salad sandwich using crispbread crackers instead of bread. This is an easy lunch to throw together with staple items from your pantry and refrigerator.
- 2 multigrain crispbread crackers, such as
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 3-ounce can water-packed chunk light tuna (see Note)
- 1 sliced scallion
- 1 lemon wedge
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Top crackers with cream cheese, tuna and scallion. Squeeze lemon over the top and season with pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chunk light tuna, which comes from the smaller skipjack or yellowfin, has less mercury than canned white albacore tuna. The FDA/EPA advises that women who are or might become pregnant, nursing mothers and young children consume no more than 6 ounces of albacore a week; up to 12 ounces of canned light tuna is considered safe.
Per serving: 229 calories; 6 g fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono); 42 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 1 g fiber; 382 mg sodium; 356 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (100% daily value), Iron & Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- The EatingWell Diet (2007)