Crackers & Tuna
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007)
Here's a deconstructed take on the tuna salad sandwich using crispbread crackers instead of bread. This is an easy lunch to throw together with staple items from your pantry and refrigerator.
- 2 multigrain crispbread crackers, such as
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 3-ounce can water-packed chunk light tuna (see Note)
- 1 sliced scallion
- 1 lemon wedge
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Top crackers with cream cheese, tuna and scallion. Squeeze lemon over the top and season with pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chunk light tuna, which comes from the smaller skipjack or yellowfin, has less mercury than canned white albacore tuna. The FDA/EPA advises that women who are or might become pregnant, nursing mothers and young children consume no more than 6 ounces of albacore a week; up to 12 ounces of canned light tuna is considered safe.
Per serving: 229 calories; 6 g fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono); 42 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 1 g fiber; 382 mg sodium; 356 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (100% daily value), Iron & Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- The EatingWell Diet (2007)