Crab Salad with Pimiento Mayonnaise
Pimientos and a touch of cayenne enrich a light creamy dressing for a luxurious but healthful seafood salad that makes a sensational lunch or light supper.
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 2/3 cups cooked crab or lobster meat, picked over (see Ingredient note)
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, pimientos, garlic, salt and cayenne in a blender. Blend until smooth. Scrape into a bowl and mix in crab (or lobster). Adjust seasoning with salt and cayenne.
- Divide greens among 4 large plates and spoon salad on top. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Four 1 1/4-pound lobsters yield 2 2/3 cups cooked meat.
Per serving: 107 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 71 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 2 g fiber; 378 mg sodium; 571 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (50% daily value), Vitamin C (35% dv), Folate (34% dv), Zinc (27% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient