Crab Salad with Pimiento Mayonnaise
Pimientos and a touch of cayenne enrich a light creamy dressing for a luxurious but healthful seafood salad that makes a sensational lunch or light supper.
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 2/3 cups cooked crab or lobster meat, picked over (see Ingredient note)
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, pimientos, garlic, salt and cayenne in a blender. Blend until smooth. Scrape into a bowl and mix in crab (or lobster). Adjust seasoning with salt and cayenne.
- Divide greens among 4 large plates and spoon salad on top. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Four 1 1/4-pound lobsters yield 2 2/3 cups cooked meat.
Per serving: 107 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 71 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 2 g fiber; 378 mg sodium; 571 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (50% daily value), Vitamin C (35% dv), Folate (34% dv), Zinc (27% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique