Crab Salad with Pimiento Mayonnaise
Pimientos and a touch of cayenne enrich a light creamy dressing for a luxurious but healthful seafood salad that makes a sensational lunch or light supper.
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 2/3 cups cooked crab or lobster meat, picked over (see Ingredient note)
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, pimientos, garlic, salt and cayenne in a blender. Blend until smooth. Scrape into a bowl and mix in crab (or lobster). Adjust seasoning with salt and cayenne.
- Divide greens among 4 large plates and spoon salad on top. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Four 1 1/4-pound lobsters yield 2 2/3 cups cooked meat.
Per serving: 107 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 71 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 2 g fiber; 378 mg sodium; 571 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (50% daily value), Vitamin C (35% dv), Folate (34% dv), Zinc (27% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer