Crab Salad with Pimiento Mayonnaise
Pimientos and a touch of cayenne enrich a light creamy dressing for a luxurious but healthful seafood salad that makes a sensational lunch or light supper.
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 2/3 cups cooked crab or lobster meat, picked over (see Ingredient note)
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, pimientos, garlic, salt and cayenne in a blender. Blend until smooth. Scrape into a bowl and mix in crab (or lobster). Adjust seasoning with salt and cayenne.
- Divide greens among 4 large plates and spoon salad on top. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Four 1 1/4-pound lobsters yield 2 2/3 cups cooked meat.
Per serving: 107 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 71 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 2 g fiber; 378 mg sodium; 571 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (50% daily value), Vitamin C (35% dv), Folate (34% dv), Zinc (27% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer