My daughter used half a pound of lump crab and half a pound of claw meat and they were delicious.
Crab Cake Burgers
From EatingWell: June/July 2005
These burgers have a true crab flavor that isn't masked by fillers or strong seasoning. Serve on a bun with tartar sauce or with a lemon-juice-dressed salad of greens, sprouts and sliced peaches. This recipe works best with convenient pasteurized crabmeat, usually found in the refrigerated case near the fish counter. If you prefer lump crabmeat, cut it into small, uniform pieces.
29 Reviews for Crab Cake Burgers
These crab cakes are absolutely fantastic. This receipe is a keeper!!!!
These were ridiclously tasty! I substituted green onions fo rth echives and left out the celery seed. My boyfriend loved them!!
Well, recipe looks good - I would also substitute green onions for chives - I do not have dijon mustard celery seeds in the house; as a habit. Never will on the celery seeds. They ruin a good bloody mary. Celery sticks [fresh] are the thing for me! I also do not stock mayo in any form - not to say I wouldnt for a recipe..But not as a must have. I do not see the necessity of onion powder when youu have something as flavorful as green onions. We havent the luxury of an Asian supermarket where I live - I would substitute either crushed Special K cornflakes or salt/vingegar chips for the panko.
We really liked these crab cakes - very easy to assemble and quick to cook. The texture & flavor were great. Like the other reviewers, I used green onion instead of chives. I served the crab cakes on toasted whole wheat sandwich thin buns. Excellent!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)