I have made this salad several times, each time a little differently. It tastes good over any kind of greens, not just arugula. The dressing is easy to prepare and keeps well in the frig. You can use other veggies, replace the coucous with quinoa and/or leave out the cheese to make it vegan. Olives or capers make a good addition too.
Couscous, Lentil & Arugula Salad with Garlic-Dijon Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: March/April 2009
This hearty combination of whole-wheat couscous and lentils perched atop a lightly dressed bed of arugula makes a tasty vegetarian main-course salad. The lemony vinaigrette is especially good for bringing out the spicy notes of the arugula.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)