I thought the couscous, fruit, and almonds were a great combination. As much as we wanted this to be good, it wasn't. It tasted overwhelmingly of cider vinegar, and the shallot seemed like a really odd addition. It seems I'm the only reviewer that didn't like it though, so maybe something went horribly wrong in our kitchen.
Couscous & Fruit Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
Try this fruit-and-nut-studded couscous salad alongside grilled salmon or chicken for supper or on its own for a fresh lunchbox treat.
7 Reviews for Couscous & Fruit Salad
I love fruit and couscous so this seemed a natural blend. But I was not impressed. The textures together were very odd. Ended up adding some greek yogurt and a little honey. Still so-so. Tossed the recipe - won't make again.
This was just amazing! I did change just a couple things. I (like several others) swapped the nectarine with mango, just to keep with what's in season. I had just run out of orange juice, so I squeezed some fresh grapefruit juice instead. I also added about a teaspoon of honey to make up for the difference in sweetness of orange vs. grapefruit juice. Made it for an informal party and I had several requests for the recipe. I'll be making it at least twice more just this week (once for me and once for my family's easter potluck)!
For families trying coucous for the first time, start children with a small serving to "try it out." Ask your family members for suggestions as to what they think would go well with the coucous. If you don't know what coucous is better look it up as folks are sure to ask.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)