Originally made as stated, except with a pancetta substitution; may try canadian bacon or prosciutto in the future as I would prefer a more prominent flavor. I personally thought it needed a little more kick, so I added a splash of red wine vinegar. I'm not a mayo fan & thoroughly enjoyed the creamy buttermilk. As always, season to taste.
Country Potato Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
This updated picnic potato salad gets subtle flavor from smoked ham. If you can find them, small, thin-skinned early potatoes are best in this salad.
10 Reviews for Country Potato Salad
I liked how light this salad was however I thought it needed something. The buttermilk was a nice and healthy dressing. Added lots of pepper!
This was a hit -- I substituted diced pancetta for the smoked ham, which I cooked then drained. It helped the flavor permeate the salad. Loved the buttermilk dressing!
This was an excellent potato salad. I added 2 more eggs than called for and it tastes great. Very colorful and refreshing.
traditional potato salads are not healthy, this is good and healthy Love the flavors put together for it. can't wait to try it.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)