This recipe is easy to make & is absolutly delish! Didn't want to stop eating it! Will def be making again and again.
Cornbread & Sausage Stuffing
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
Cornbread stuffing, a Southern favorite, is a nice change from more traditional white-bread stuffing. Our delectable recipe uses Italian turkey sausage, rather than pork, and omits all the butter and cream to cut the fat by two-thirds. The stuffing is lower in sodium as well and so easy to make that it's sure to become a favorite side year-round.
9 Reviews for Cornbread & Sausage Stuffing
I'm only commenting on this recipe because it is on your list of diabetic-friendly recipes.
this stuffing was awesome!
next time i'm going to try spicy sausage to give it a little kick.
We've been a cornbread/sausage stuffing family for generations - and changing to this healthier version has been met with continued demands for this yummy dish both for Thanksgiving and just family Sunday dinners. I always make my own cornbread san sugar, so I add a chopped apple with the veggies just for a hint of sweet and another bit of crunch.Enjoy!
I made the cornbread on Thanksgiving and then made the stuffing with the fresh cornbread, and it was delicious!! The fresh cornbread made it a little bit sweet and it was the best dish on the table! I made it for Christmas with the bagged, dry cornbread and it wasn't even close to as good. Make sure you do the fresh cornbread and you will be pleasantly surprised at how good this recipe is!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)