This sounds like the stuffing I will be making for T-day. The main changes I'll make (just because I can never leave a recipe alone!) is to add some zing with cayenne pepper, use a spicy turkey sausage, and chop the veggies a bit larger than the recipe calls for.
Cornbread & Sausage Stuffing
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
Cornbread stuffing, a Southern favorite, is a nice change from more traditional white-bread stuffing. Our delectable recipe uses Italian turkey sausage, rather than pork, and omits all the butter and cream to cut the fat by two-thirds. The stuffing is lower in sodium as well and so easy to make that it's sure to become a favorite side year-round.
9 Reviews for Cornbread & Sausage Stuffing
I used hot sausage instead of sweet because we like a kick and it is fabulous! I also made four 8.5oz boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin mix and baked them in a 10 x 15 pan which yielded 12 cups of cornbread. I would guess 3 "pound cake" style loaves of cornbread would yield the same 12 cups once it's cut up. Happy Thanksgiving!
This sounds yummy! Can anyone tell me how much cornbread 2 lbs/12 cups is? Would that be one 8x8 pan?
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)