Corn & Pepper Chowder
From EatingWell: March/April 1995
Cooked chicken or seafood would be a nice addition to this soup. For an even richer flavor, sauté the corn first in a teaspoon of oil until lightly browned.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup canned or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 10-ounce can condensed cream of celery soup, preferably reduced-fat
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Stir chili powder, cumin and garlic in a dry, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add corn and peppers and toss to coat.
- Add soup and milk; stir until heated through. Stir in scallions and season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 122 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 2 g fiber; 764 mg sodium; 324 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (32% daily value), Vitamin A (22% dv), Calcium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 reduced-fat milk
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1995