used really fresh corn, heaps of fresh basil, and still found these to be only "good". liked the break from the usual, but wondering if it needs a little something to really play it all up a bit.... will try again.
Corn & Basil Cakes
From EatingWell: July/August 2010
Try these savory corn-and-basil pancakes as a side dish with barbecued chicken or grilled steak.
28 Reviews for Corn & Basil Cakes
These are really yummy and very easy, as other reviewers have said. I added garlic and chives to my basil and I liked it. I could see adding chopped, carmelized onion in the future if I were having these as their own meal.
The only thing I wondered about was the amount this actually makes. My batter only made 8 cakes, and the serving size indicates it would make 10 (5 servings of 2.) No one else mentions this problem, so I don't know if it was just me or not.
these totally rock! simple, delish and different! I also doubled the recipe and served as a main dish, with a simple garden salad. what a great change and a light-fun summertime dinner! it made all of us very :) !
I added to the recipe half a large shallot and two shakes of red pepper flakes. It was easy to prepare and very tasty! We will be making these again!
An easy way to cut corn from the cob is to place the tip of the ear in the hole of a tube baking pan. All the cut off parts go into the pan and then you can scoop them out without any real mess.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)