Corn, Arugula & Tomato Salad
From EatingWell: Summer 2004
Fresh corn and tomatoes make an especially attractive and delicious summer salad. Sweet corn balances the peppery arugula and tart tomatoes.
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups loosely packed arugula, (about 6 ounces)
- 2 cups corn kernels, (about 4 ears)
- 1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- Combine vinegar and shallots in a large bowl and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Whisk oil into the vinegar mixture until blended. Season with salt and pepper. Add arugula and toss to coat. Arrange the arugula on serving plates. Add corn and tomatoes to the bowl, toss to coat with the dressing that remains, then spoon the mixture over the arugula and serve.
Per serving: 193 calories; 15 g fat (2 g sat, 11 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 115 mg sodium; 407 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (45% daily value), Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Father's Day
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Summer 2004