Corn, Arugula & Tomato Salad
From EatingWell: Summer 2004
Fresh corn and tomatoes make an especially attractive and delicious summer salad. Sweet corn balances the peppery arugula and tart tomatoes.
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups loosely packed arugula, (about 6 ounces)
- 2 cups corn kernels, (about 4 ears)
- 1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- Combine vinegar and shallots in a large bowl and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Whisk oil into the vinegar mixture until blended. Season with salt and pepper. Add arugula and toss to coat. Arrange the arugula on serving plates. Add corn and tomatoes to the bowl, toss to coat with the dressing that remains, then spoon the mixture over the arugula and serve.
Per serving: 193 calories; 15 g fat (2 g sat, 11 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 115 mg sodium; 407 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (45% daily value), Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Father's Day
- Summer 2004