Corn, Arugula & Tomato Salad
From EatingWell: Summer 2004
Fresh corn and tomatoes make an especially attractive and delicious summer salad. Sweet corn balances the peppery arugula and tart tomatoes.
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups loosely packed arugula, (about 6 ounces)
- 2 cups corn kernels, (about 4 ears)
- 1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- Combine vinegar and shallots in a large bowl and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Whisk oil into the vinegar mixture until blended. Season with salt and pepper. Add arugula and toss to coat. Arrange the arugula on serving plates. Add corn and tomatoes to the bowl, toss to coat with the dressing that remains, then spoon the mixture over the arugula and serve.
Per serving: 193 calories; 15 g fat (2 g sat, 11 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 115 mg sodium; 407 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (45% daily value), Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Father's Day
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Summer 2004