Cool Zucchini Slaw
Summertime—and zucchini is taking over your garden. Turn the bounty into a crisp, colorful salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, (3 medium), grated
- 1 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia or Walla Walla, very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place zucchini and onion in a colander set over a bowl. Add salt and toss to coat. Let drain at room temperature for 30 minutes. Rinse vegetables and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Transfer vegetables to a medium bowl. Add bell pepper, vinegar, apple juice concentrate and basil; toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 31 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 542 mg sodium; 360 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (100% dv), Vitamin A (30% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique