Cool Zucchini Slaw
Summertime—and zucchini is taking over your garden. Turn the bounty into a crisp, colorful salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, (3 medium), grated
- 1 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia or Walla Walla, very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place zucchini and onion in a colander set over a bowl. Add salt and toss to coat. Let drain at room temperature for 30 minutes. Rinse vegetables and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Transfer vegetables to a medium bowl. Add bell pepper, vinegar, apple juice concentrate and basil; toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 31 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 542 mg sodium; 360 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (100% dv), Vitamin A (30% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique