I smoked my own tofu for this recipe and I have to say, it really made this salad stand out! It's filling, fresh and colorful. It made a really great lunch and made my co-workers jealous!
Composed Salad with Pickled Beets & Smoked Tofu
From EatingWell: July/August 2011
This composed salad is an artful arrangement of greens, hard-boiled egg, smoked tofu, beets and snap peas drizzled with a cool, creamy dill dressing. It’s as pleasing to the eye as it is to the palate. We like smoked tofu, but any flavored baked tofu would work well in this recipe. Serve with iced tea.
3 Reviews for Composed Salad with Pickled Beets & Smoked Tofu
This was a great tofu salad!! Its the perfect assortment of vegetables, eggs, and other ingredients make the salad super filling and super tasty. Before tossing, make sure you press the tofu very well. I used a press from TofuXpress and it made the preparation so much easier. Great salad.
Love salads like this that highlight more than just the lettuce - although there is nothing wrong with lettuce. The mix of textures and flavors you can get are great. I always go for something savory, something sweet, something tart...add some creaminess and crunch and you're golden. Try this Pear, Gorgonzola, Walnut salad http://tiny.cc/lvjms
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)