Cold Plum Soup
From EatingWell: July/August 1992
Cold fruit soups are a refreshing end to a summer's evening.
- 1/2 cup frozen apple-juice concentrate
- 1 pound plums (about 5), pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- Bring apple-juice concentrate to a boil in a large heavy saucepan. Reduce heat to low, add plums and cinnamon stick, cover, and simmer until the plums are tender, about 10 minutes. Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender, add 3 ice cubes and puree until smooth. Pour into a bowl and whisk in yogurt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 45 minutes.
Per serving: 151 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 52 mg sodium; 337 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (50% daily value), Vitamin A (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 non-fat milk
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- July/August 1992
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)