Cold Plum Soup
From EatingWell: July/August 1992
Cold fruit soups are a refreshing end to a summer's evening.
- 1/2 cup frozen apple-juice concentrate
- 1 pound plums (about 5), pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- Bring apple-juice concentrate to a boil in a large heavy saucepan. Reduce heat to low, add plums and cinnamon stick, cover, and simmer until the plums are tender, about 10 minutes. Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender, add 3 ice cubes and puree until smooth. Pour into a bowl and whisk in yogurt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 45 minutes.
Per serving: 151 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 52 mg sodium; 337 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (50% daily value), Vitamin A (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 non-fat milk
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- July/August 1992