Cold Plum Soup
From EatingWell: July/August 1992
Cold fruit soups are a refreshing end to a summer's evening.
- 1/2 cup frozen apple-juice concentrate
- 1 pound plums (about 5), pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- Bring apple-juice concentrate to a boil in a large heavy saucepan. Reduce heat to low, add plums and cinnamon stick, cover, and simmer until the plums are tender, about 10 minutes. Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender, add 3 ice cubes and puree until smooth. Pour into a bowl and whisk in yogurt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 45 minutes.
Per serving: 151 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 52 mg sodium; 337 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (50% daily value), Vitamin A (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 non-fat milk
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- July/August 1992