My husband who hates coffee loved this steak. The crust made the steak crispy yet the steak itself was so tender. Very delicious! I am making this again.
Coffee Bean & Peppercorn Steak
Here's a recipe that packs a wallop. The bold combination of coffee beans and peppercorns works well on other rich meats, such as venison.
4 Reviews for Coffee Bean & Peppercorn Steak
Great Fast recipe, even for someone who doesn't love steak. I've made this a number of times now, however its too cold to grill so I made mine in a cast iron man, I also substituted coffee beans for ground espresso and I also deglaze the pan with the balsamic sauce instead of leaving it raw on the side.
Very flavorful. We especially liked the sauce. Next time I will grind the coffee beans and peppercorns in my coffee grinder so they are not quite so large.
I was a charter member to eating well back in 1990. I first made this steak almost 14 years ago. It quickly became a staple at my parties and I had memorized the recipe. Lost and not used in a while I started to look for it tonight and there is was on the internet. I was so relieved! It was still just as amazing as I remember. I did double it and used it on about a 1 inch thick 1.5 lb sirloin steak. I used the mixture sparingly as I had remembered it could be too much. Letting it sit for a while to absorb the juices and the sauce is the key. One of my all time favorites.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)