Coffee Bavarian Cream
From EatingWell: January/February 1994
This creamy Kahlùa-spiked coffee dessert is perfect for hot summer nights.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules, preferably espresso or French roast
- 1 tablespoon KahlÃºa, or other coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, (Neufchâtel)
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Stir coffee granules, coffee liqueur and warm water in a small heatproof cup or bowl until the granules have dissolved. Sprinkle gelatin over the mixture and set aside to soften for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, dry milk, confectioners’ sugar and ice water in a blender; blend on low speed until smooth.
- Set the bowl containing the coffee mixture in a small skillet of simmering water and stir until the gelatin dissolves. Add to the cream cheese mixture in the blender and combine briefly. Add 4 ice cubes and blend on high speed until smooth. If at this point the mixture has not begun to thicken, add an additional ice cube and blend. Divide the mixture between 4 dessert dishes or wineglasses and refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle each portion with a little cinnamon and serve.
Per serving: 176 calories; 5 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 0 g fiber; 135 mg sodium; 229 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Ring in the new year with low-calorie recipes from our new issue...
Jump-start your morning with our healthy, low-calorie...
A perfectly ripe avocado is the perfect addition to salads,...
It’s time for the avocado to shake its bad rap: sinfully...
Celebrate the holiday season with low-calorie recipes from our...
Skip the super-greasy fried food and creamy dips and go for...
Make a healthy snack for kids with one of our easy snack...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Eating healthy snacks is a good way to stave off hunger pangs...
Spaghetti and Meatballs is a classic, comforting Italian...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Resolve to eat healthier? No matter how busy you are, get in...
Breakfast is the most important meal—giving you a much-needed...
People who are most successful at losing weight—and keeping...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- January/February 1994