Coffee Bavarian Cream
From EatingWell: January/February 1994
This creamy Kahlùa-spiked coffee dessert is perfect for hot summer nights.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules, preferably espresso or French roast
- 1 tablespoon KahlÃºa, or other coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, (Neufchâtel)
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Stir coffee granules, coffee liqueur and warm water in a small heatproof cup or bowl until the granules have dissolved. Sprinkle gelatin over the mixture and set aside to soften for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, dry milk, confectioners’ sugar and ice water in a blender; blend on low speed until smooth.
- Set the bowl containing the coffee mixture in a small skillet of simmering water and stir until the gelatin dissolves. Add to the cream cheese mixture in the blender and combine briefly. Add 4 ice cubes and blend on high speed until smooth. If at this point the mixture has not begun to thicken, add an additional ice cube and blend. Divide the mixture between 4 dessert dishes or wineglasses and refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle each portion with a little cinnamon and serve.
Per serving: 176 calories; 5 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 0 g fiber; 135 mg sodium; 229 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- January/February 1994